News coverage has been incredible and I would like to share it with you. Wonderful is that, in the varying publications and video coverage, you can hear and see many of our students and our team.
It was great for the students to connect up with industry, government and community to share their projects. Here are blog posts by students Heather Conover and another by Robert Witbeck before and after the event which illustrates the depth of their commitment to their work: http://theseethroughmirror.blogspot.com/2008/10/craziness.html
Below are the press links that I can find at present.
- Student Blog by James Kleimann: http://whatsgood.7dvt.com/2008/10/champlains-emer.html
- Video Games Help Cystic Fibrosis Patients Breathe Easier. by Alice Levitt http://www.7dvt.com/2008video-games-help-cystic-fibrosis-patients-breathe-easier
- Minding the Gap: Are schools preparing students for Vermont’s 21st Century jobs? By Ken Picard http://www.7dvt.com/2008minding-gap
The Burlington Free Press:
- The Serious Side of Video Games. by Tim Johnson: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881020012
WCAX TV news:
- Old Mill, New Opportunity: http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?s=9216253
- Video Gamers Tackle Powerful Project: http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=9100693
You can see photos of the event courtesy Steve Mease, three of which are in this post, at: http://picasaweb.google.com/steve.mease/EMCOpenHouse#